- If you have young people under 16 in your group, all adult leaders must complete the vetting procedure or be registered by Stirling Council under the Childrens’ Act (1989).
- Applications for hire or let of the premises must be made on the official booking form provided by the committee at least 7 days before the date of the proposed let.
- The Hirer shall on no account sub-let any part of the premises let to them or alter the purpose for which they were let.
- The Hirer or organisers of any function must ensure that they are aware of the fire exits, lighting switches, first aid supplies and the nearest telephone.
- The Hirer must take all reasonable care to prevent fire and all approaches, staircases and passages must be kept entirely free from obstruction or from people standing therein thereon.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining any licences necessary in connection with the booking other than those already held by the Management Committee.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that no illegal activities take place on the premises during the let.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against third party claims which may lie against his/her organisation whilst using the premises. The Management Committee is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence.
- The Hirer shall be held responsible for any damage caused to the fabric of the building, its furnishings or its equipment, and shall recompense the Management Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done as a result of a booking.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the general rules governing the use of the premises complied with.
- The Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with Fair Trading Laws and any local code of practice issued in connection with such sales.
- May be granted subject to the permission of the Management Committee and subject to the following conditions.
- A deposit of £50 must be lodged with the Management Committee at least 48 hour prior to the date of the function. The deposit will be returned providing that the premises is left in a satisfactory order and free from damage.
- The Hirer must be in attendance for the duration of the function.
- Music amplification must be controlled so that the sound does not penetrate houses in the vicinity. Where there is a complaint to the police the amplification must be reduced.
- The Hirer must ensure adequate stewarding for the event.
- No furniture and or equipment shall be removed from the premises without the prior agreement of the Management Committee.
- All fittings, decorations, displays, used by the Hirer shall be removed immediately after the termination of the let without damage to the property. Failing such immediate removal the Management Committee shall have the power to remove the same at the expense of the Hirer, who may also be charged such additional rent as the Management Committee may decide.
- Access to any part of the premises may be restricted at the discretion of the Management Committee or their nominated representative.
- Smoking is not permitted in on the premises. The Hirer must ensure that this condition is complied with and shall be responsible for any breach thereof.
- No alcohol must be taken into the premises, and no application for a Special Licence to sell or dispense alcohol in the premises without the prior knowledge of the Management Committee.
- Bookings of a repeat/regular or block nature from reliable long term hirers will generally receive preference over bookings of a single/one off nature. However, the committee reserve the right to review any arrangements. At least 7 days notice will be given of any changes/cancellations.
- Seven days notice must be given of any cancellation, failing which the applicant will be liable to meet the full cost of the booking.
- Management Committee members shall be entitled to free access to the premises at any time on official business.
- The decision of the Management Committee is final in all matters concerning the use of the premises and their authority must be recognised by all Hirers who must respond to instructions issued by them.
- The Management Committee reserve the right to refuse any let.
- The Management Committee reserve the right to add or amend these conditions as deemed necessary.